I Used To Wonder How These Guys Did It…
You know – the dude at the coffee shop, working on his laptop, and then when he’s done, he pulls away in his Bentley? You’re just sitting there like, “what the hell does that guy do?” Or the guy that always gets to rip the powder, not worried about being at some crappy job. How can he always be there riding powder all day? How the hell are you supposed to make money then?
I used to be mad when I would have to get up at 5:30am on a powder day, and instead of going to ride powder with my homies, I would have to pack up the snowmobiles, drive 1&1/2 hours to the backcountry, unload the snowmos, go find something crazy to jump off of, dig snow for 4 hours to building some crazy kicker to break myself on, hike up and down the mountain trying to get the shot, to then finally get one shot, pack back up, drive back to the cars, load up the snowmos, drive 1&1/2 hours back home, to finally show up completely exhausted, and seriously only got to snowboard about 300 yards the whole day, because it was just hiking a kicker. Meanwhile, all my baller friends had been ripping powder with each other until they were tired at 1pm, and then just jump on their laptop drinking tea in the VIP section of Snowbird!! WHAT THE HELL?!! I was like, “how do I get THAT lifestyle?”
The answer is:
A Cell Phone And A Laptop : Suspend Your Disbelief
Seriously, my passion was to RIDE, and not to “film”, trying to be some cool pro guy.
So when I wanted to have more time with my kids and not have to be tied down to the traditional business model, I had to look for something better.
What about you? Does your day job get in the way of riding all the time? Have your parents told you “go to school, get a job, so you can get a good job, working for someone else your whole life”? If so, you may be living the month-to-month struggle, and that is what is keeping you away from living your dream life. Well, I had to do some soul searching, and I found some solutions..
If You Want The Lifestyle, You Must Make Money While You Sleep!
Any wealthy person with any kind of time freedom will tell you the same thing. If you want a life, you have to know the rules of the game. Leverage, duplication, franchising. Wealth people look for and build networks. Poor people look for work. So how do you make money while you sleep ? Well, if you search, you will find a way, but you have to have a strong enough reason WHY you would search, or you won’t be motivated enough to know/do the “how”!
A Few Reasons WHY We Want A Real Snowboarding Lifestyle
– Able to work part time, with a cellphone and a laptop, from anywhere in the world, at night after snowboarding.
– Able to work FROM HOME, and actually be around your kids. (Most parents can’t).
– Able to make more money, with less effort. This means more time freedom.
– Able to work from almost ANYWHERE. This means you’re not owned by a job, tied to the city where your job is.
– The reason are endless…
How Did I Get The Lifestyle?
Well, it’s not easy, but it’s SIMPLE, and it’s WORTH IT. Life doesn’t give you what you “want”, it gives you what you deserve. Are you willing to open your mind and be TEACHABLE? Can you suspend your disbelief long enough to absorb the information that could change your life forever? Are you SELF-motivated, or do you need someone to boss you around? Can you follow simple directions and be consistent? Then check this out… Give me the SNOWBOARD LIFESTYLE, NOW!
Now, Here Are Some MUSTS If You Want To Live The Ultimate Snowboarding Lifestyle
– Be able to get rid of a crappy boss that keeps you away from snowboarding.
– Build yourself up to escape from the dead-end job that pays you crap, where all the skiers make fun of you for being a “broke” coach surfing snowboarder.
– The best pass at your favorite resort. (Not a pass at the crappiest resort because you couldn’t afford the expensive pass at the better mountain).
– Generate the money to go on powder trips with all your friends.
– Remember take advice or opinions from people who are unsuccessful in the areas where you want positive results in your life.
One last thing:
We have been programmed to spend the first 25 years of our life acquiring skills, to “go to school”, so we can then spend the next 45 years of our life, “working hard, being comfortable with a stable job”, making someone else rich. If you don’t open your mind to learn how to create different results, things will remain the same that they are now.
So, if these things above are what you are (and aren’t) looking for, so you can have the ultimate snowboarding lifestyle, take a serious look around. You’ll live outside the box, and you’ll find what you’re looking for…
The World Is Yours, M!